Austro Control Exams
Our premises in Szeged (Hungary) and Budapest (Hungary) are officially approved exam centers of Austro Control, the Civil Aviation Authority of Austria. Our scope is the organization of the following pilot examinations:
With the official nomination as theory exam center, we are able to provide official EASA theory exams in full accordance with regulation EU No 1178/2011 and all applicable rules and regulations. The theory certificate, after the successful pass of your exams, issued by Austro Control will be accepted, as stated by the basic regulation, by all other EASA member for the issuance of an EASA license.
Please note that according to Regulation EU No 1178/2011 FCL.025 (a) (1) Applicants shall take the entire set of theoretical knowledge examinations for a specific licence or rating under the responsibility of one Member State. Therefore, it is not possible to swap between authorities, if you already started your exams under the responsibility of another EASA authority. In case you would like to take your exams under Austro Control you would have to re-start your exams.
Booking your exams with Austro Control at Us
We kindly ask you to download the appropriate form for the type of exam (licence) you wish to apply for and complete the mentioned form.
In all cases regarding theory exam, complete only Part 1 and 2 of the form electronically and then print and sign Part 2.
It is mandatory that your ATO completes Part 3 of the form and issues it with stamp and signature of the responsible Head of Training.
Scan and upload the completed form via Exam Booking Form.
We expressly point out that applications for the exam can only be accepted latest up to 5 business days prior to the sitting. After that, unfortunately, we will not be able to accept any candidate. Weekends do not count as working days. Justified cancellations will be accepted up to 3 days prior to the exam date.
Please complete the Exam Booking Form and send it to us together with the previous application form.
Austro Control exams are offered at Our Centre on monthly basis. One sitting includes 4 days within 10 consecutive calendar days.
Daily exam schedule:
– between 10:00-16:00 on the first exam day
– between 10:00-16:00 on the second exam day
Please note if the candidate does not arrive on time, unfortunately we are not able to let him/her take exam, so please arrive accurately.
– All questions are in English and have been meticulously checked for accuracy.
– Exams are taken on iPads which are provided.
– Annexes are viewable on screen and printed if required.
– Exam time is visible on screen and a colour coded warning is issued at 10 and 5 minutes.
– Most appeals can be resolved on the spot (within reason).
– Results are available instantly.
– There is no charge for appeals.
ATPL: 65 EUR/subject
IR: 60 EUR/subject
CPL: 60 EUR/subject
PPL: 25 EUR/subject
Please note that payment must be paid on site in cash.
Changes on the rules and rights regarding examinations, applications and payments:
Use of digital flight computers has been suspended from the 1st of December, 2020.
Defining sessions and sittings:
- a session consists 2 exam days
- a sitting consists 2 sessions within 10 consecutive days (therefore 4 exam days)
- all examines must register by filling in the registration form on the following link: Exam booking
- the option to be able to register for the upcoming session will be removed 5 days before the first exam day (deadline). Late applications cannot be accepted on any other way.
Cancellation and skipping exam sessions with or without notice:
- If the student is not showing up on the day of the exam, or cancelling the exam after the deadline, they are not going to loose a sitting, neither going to fail the subject, but they will be ordered to pay the fee of the skipped / cancelled subjects at the very next sitting they appear.
Chosen subjects and dates:
- the examinee shall do the subjects on the exact day what they have chosen during the registration otherwise their place cannot be guaranteed.
- the examinee receives two e-mails regarding their registration. Before the registration deadline the examinee has the right to change or cancel their subjects and dates by replying the aforementioned e-mails.
- on the first day of each session the examinee shall pay for all chosen subjects within the session (all subjects the examinee previously registered for the session)
- If a student registered for 4 subjects; 2 subjects for the “exam day1” and 2 subjects for the “exam day2”, they shall pay for all 4 subjects in advance on the first day.
- if a student payed for an exam but chosen to not doing it during that session, they are not going to fail the subject but they will not get any refund.
- the examinees must bring their original, signed, stamped application form on their first sitting.
PPL Question Bank:
User Guide for the Exam Application: